The Field Services Technician is responsible for providing construction administration elements of the contracted services.
- Forecast site reviews projected vs. the number of visits included in a fee proposal, advise the Group Leader if additional site reviews are required.
- Maintain strong relationships with client and construction team members to develop new services to meet clients needs.
- Create and update procedures on tasks relating to the duties of this position as requested.
- Enforce and adhere to the Codes of the company’s Mission statement.
- Follow company procedures to both their letter and intent.
- Maintain safety training including site specific training, fall protection, etc., up to date and carry proof of same to all construction sites.
- Maintain site calendar up to date at all times.
- Review new projects as listed by the Field Services Administrative Assistant and determine with the other team members the most efficient allocation.
- Actively pursues training.
- Attend construction meetings.
- Follows quality control procedures.
- Issue field instruction as required.
- Maintain files for projects in an orderly and organized manner.
- Perform field reviews and associated systems or equipment testing.
- Perform quotation reviews, progress drawings and other project documents as required within five (5) days of receipt.
- Plan site reviews and provide reports within five (5) days.
- Respond to RFI’s.
- Review as-built documents and provide comments within five (5) days of receipt.
- Function as the owner advocate and provide excellent Commissioning services and project management.
- Prepare, document, and report Commissioning data for all projects that are delivered to the department.
- Assist the team lead in the Commissioning process.
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic support on a variety of projects.
- For building audits and infrastructure assessments, work with Owner’s personnel, architects and/or engineers to survey sites/facilities and verify/access condition and operation of equipment and systems, and provide comprehensive reports.
Skills & Qualification
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Word package minimum)
- Highly organized and have clear English written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in construction or Mechanical Trade
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in construction related Code or Plumbing and HVAC experience
- Must have institutional experience on larger projects
- Must be able to work under pressure of multiple demands
- Knowledge of building codes and standards, LEED, and ASHRAE
- Advanced database development knowledge for effectively collecting and reporting information
- Must have own car and valid driver’s license
- Required to access construction sites, ladders, heights
- Experience in developing and delivering programs and data collection systems
- Experience meeting project schedules and time allocations
- Experience in an Engineering environment an asset
- A fundamental knowledge of HVAC&R systems is required
NOTE: We are looking for candidates with Building Services experience. Applicants with exclusively oil and gas experience will not be considered.Apply Now Back to careers
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.