The Group Lead is the day to day manager for all activities within the group, including all technical, scheduling, project management and personnel issues.
- Work to develop strong, ongoing relationships with clients
- Create Proposals and Fee Letters as requested by the Section Head.
- Ensure that all direct reports are scheduling their workload appropriately, maximizing productive time and allowing all employees to meet management’s expectations.
- Provide insightful and enthusiastic leadership, paying attention to employee morale.
- Complete performance reviews of all direct reports with Section Head.
- Create and review procedures as directed by the Procedure Master.
- Assist with interviewing new employees as requested.
- Work with the heads of all functional areas to solve inter-departmental problems.
- Train, motivate, supervise all direct reports.
- Ensure company procedures are being followed by all Group personnel.
- Act as the first level of escalation for client and staff issues within the Group.
- Attend and participate in weekly Security meetings if called upon by Section Head.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and design standards.
- Ensure that all projects within the Group are staying on track and on schedule.
- Facilitate coordination and communication within the Group to support smooth day-to-day operations. Inform Group members of any upcoming scheduling issues.
- Monitor Production Utilization & Efficiency for the Group, reporting any deficiencies to the Section Head.
- Resource for all project management questions from Group members.
- Review the Production Report weekly with Section Head.
- Technical resource for Group members.
- Undertake peer reviews.
- Act as Project Manager as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Science, IT, Electronics or Telecommunications Degree
- Professional Designation in the Security Industry such as ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP)
- Detailed knowledge of Physical protection devices such as doors, electronic and keyed locks, door hardware, gates, bollards and arms.
- Detailed knowledge of Electronic Access Control Systems, both software and hardware.
- Multi-year experience with Hospitality Security a definite asset.
- Telecommunications and Networking experience highly desirable.
- Critical Infrastructure Protection experience desirable
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Job Captain in the Engineering Consulting industry or with Security System manufacturer/Integrator
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills – comfortable speaking in client/project meetings
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to think independently
- Proven team leadership capabilities
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skill
- Ability to coach direct reports Excellent time management and organizational skills
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.