The Junior Lighting Designer position requires a candidate that is passionate about design, detail oriented, and has the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and milestone deliverables that is typical of the lighting design and construction industry. The eventual goal for the Junior Lighting Designer is for them to become a self sufficient lighting designer who can project-manage, design and produce high quality lighting design projects and be an influential part of the lighting design industry.
- Participate in the occasional on-site (in town or out of town) lighting aiming, mock-up sessions, or lighting surveys.
- Compiling lighting design documentations, including lighting layout drawings utilizing CAD/Revit, lighting specifications (luminaire schedules, cutsheets), presentations using PowerPoint, InDesign with graphics and text. Conduct lighting studies using AG132.
- Performing lighting simulations, lighting power density calculations and simple budget calculations.
- Luminaire research, mock-up and assessments.
- Compiling lighting specifications, (luminaire schedules, cutsheets).
- Communicating with manufacturer, reps, and clients.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or associated discipline.
- 1-2 years of architectural lighting design
- NCQLP Lighting Certification (LC)
- Participate in industry related professional organizations (IALD, IES, Etc.)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to think independently
- A demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- AGI32 – Creating 3D calculation model, running lighting studies, evaluation of luminaire photometry
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
Please submit a portfolio with your application.
Apply Today Back to careers
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with job title in subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.