The Mechanical Inspector is responsible for inspection of the Works (i.e. materials, equipment, installation, testing, commissioning and balancing) of mechanical building services including HVAC, domestic water systems, drainage, LPG and fire protection.
The position may be based in Dubai Office, or on specific site(s) in Dubai, at the discretion of the Company.
- Work to develop strong ongoing relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Conduct oneself with utmost professionalism as representative of the Company.
- Keep Principal Mechanical Engineer or Project Lead apprised of activities
- Lead by example, following proper procedures
- Participate in training courses as requested and show initiative for professional development
- Provide insightful and enthusiastic assistance to other staff
- Schedule workload appropriately maximizing productive time
- Work actively with the team to accomplish common objectives
- Monitors contractor’s resources deployed on site and advises Mechanical Site Engineer regarding their sufficiency to meet construction programme.
- Assists contractor with coordination of the MEP Works on site.
- Assists Mechanical Site Engineer in preparing Consultant’s daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Reviews contractor-submitted shop drawings, materials submittals, method statements, tie-in procedures and assists Mechanical Site Engineer in issuing their approval and/or comments.
- Monitors construction contractor’s mechanical installation including, but not limited to installation of piping, supports, process equipment, building management system, HVAC, process and domestic water systems, firefighting, drainage, etc.
- Witnesses contractor’s quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications (i.e. fabrication, installation, pressure testing, equipment startup and commissioning).
- Inspects contractor’s materials on site and report any non-compliance to the Mechanical Site Engineer.
- Conducts in conjunction with the concerned departments/organizations acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent works, until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
- Identifies deficiencies in the mechanical Works and assists Mechanical Site Engineer in issuing site instructions, Non-Conformance Reports, Site Observation Reports, snag lists and the like.
- Witness the Commissioning, testing and balancing carried out by the contractor, and assists Mechanical Site Engineer to sign-off test reports.
- Reviews contractor-submitted as-built drawings documents and provide comments to assist Mechanical Site Engineer in approval.
- Assists the Mechanical Site Engineer in preparing final snag lists.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in inspections or QA/QC of mechanical building services of 5-star hotels and high-rise buildings is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction sequencing & methodology is essential.
- Familiarity with local and international standards and codes.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD is a benefit, but not an essential requirement.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to safe work practices.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.