The Telecommunications Designer is responsible for designing communications systems including structured cabling, computer and LAN Room Layouts, inter-floor backbone (copper and fibre), surveys of existing sites and change management.
- BICSI RCDD credential or equivalent experience desirable
- University/College graduate in Electrical or Electronics Engineering an asset
- Intermediate level AutoCAD 2015/2018 skills an asset
- Familiarity with Architecture/Engineering industry documentation and drawing standards required
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of tender documents and change notice management required, especially for fast-moving tenancy projects
- Experience with design and installation of systems in Five-Star Hotels a definite asset
- Experience with design and installation of PBX systems, large Wi-Fi networks, Distributed Antenna Systems, Data Networks, Data Centres, Computer rooms and outside plant telecommunications systems required
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with Architects, Interior Designers, Project Managers and Low Voltage Contractors a definite asset
- 5+ years’ experience in Canada/GTA market in a construction related field required
- Valid Ontario Provincial driving license required. Access to a car very desirable
- Able to travel to parts of Canada, USA or Mexico at short notice on occasion
- Excellent command of spoken and written English required. Secondary language skills in Spanish and/or French also desirable
- Outgoing personality able to listen to and interact with numerous outside clients is required
- Excellent command of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Communications Structured cabling products and practices, consistent with the BICSI Telecommunications Distribution Design Manual (TDMM)
Apply Now Back to careers
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.